Update Your Standalone MATLAB License
The MATLAB Standalone license expires on August 31 each year. Prior to expiration, Computing Services receives a new license file and updates that file on our license server.
- If you run MATLAB by connecting to our network server, the license file will be updated automatically; no action is necessary on your part and you should no longer receive expiration messages.
- If you use a stand-alone version (installed on your computer) of MATLAB, follow these steps to update your license.
Update the License
- Confirm that you have a network connection.
- Launch MATLAB.
- In the Resources section of the Home tab, select Help* >Licensing > Update Current License. This will download the latest license file.
If the above steps are unsuccessful, do the following:
- Download the license file.
- In the Resources section of the Home tab, select Help* > Licensing > Activate Software.
- Select Activate automatically using the internet.
- Log in to your MathWorks account.
- Select Enter an Activation Key for a license not listed.
- Copy and paste the Acitvation Key from the license file you downloaded.
- Click Next, then Confirm.
*Mac - Use the Help button on the Home tab, not the menu bar.