MATLAB is software for mathematical computation, analysis, visualization, and algorithm development.
Computing Services holds a campus agreement which covers faculty, staff, and students for academic research, coursework, and teaching. This license is governed by a FLEXnet license server to which eligible users are identified by their User ID.
Applications, toolboxes, and blocksets available:
MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, Bioinformatics Toolbox, Control System Toolbox, Curve Fitting Toolbox, Data Acquisition Toolbox, DSP System Toolbox, Image Processing Toolbox, Instrument Control Toolbox, Optimization Toolbox, Parallel Computing Toolbox, Signal Processing Toolbox, SimMechanics, SimScape, Simulink Control Design, Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox, Symbolic Math Toolbox, Communications System Toolbox, Computer Vision System Toolbox, Database Toolbox, Financial Instruments Toolbox, Financial Toolbox, Fixed-Point Designer, Fuzzy Logic Toolbox, Gauges Blockset, Global Optimization Toolbox, HDL Coder, HDL Verifier, Image Acquisition Toolbox, Mapping Toolbox, MATLAB Coder, MATLAB Compiler, MATLAB Compiler SDK, Model Predictive Control Toolbox, Model-Based Calibration Toolbox, Neural Network Toolbox, Partial Differential Equation Toolbox, RF Toolbox, Robust Control Toolbox, SimDriveline, SimElectronics, SimEvents, SimHydraulics, SimPowerSystems, SimRF Simulink 3D Animation, Simulink Coder, Simulink Design Optimization, Simulink Desktop Real-Time, Simulink Real-Time, System Identification Toolbox, Wavelet Toolbox, Embedded Coder, Robotics System Toolbox
Note: Matlab can be accessed remotely using Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
MATLAB, SIMULINK, and Toolboxes Licensing Information
Computing Services holds a campus agreement which covers faculty, staff, and students for academic research, coursework, and teaching. This license is governed by a FLEXnet license server to which eligible users are identified by their User ID. Faculty, Staff, and Students must install the application on their machine and connect to the server for the application to function. Computers must be connected to the campus network (either on-campus or via VPN). We recommend that users connect to the network via wired connection.
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Computing Services
- Available for: Windows, Linux, Mac OS,
- Who can install it: Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Eligible equipment: Andrew Linux workstations, computers in on-campus facilities that are used by students for coursework and research. The computers on the campus network and able to connect to the FLEXnet license server that Computing Services maintains for the MATLAB Campus License.
- Type of license: Annual renewal
- Cost to users: None
- License code required: Yes. It is provided in a text file in the download material.
- Getting help using it: Installation support is provided by the Computing Services Help Center. Visit MathWorks for application help.
- Restrictions: Use for academic uses only
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affiliation with Carnegie Mellon University