Maple is an interactive mathematical problem-solving and programming environment featuring symbolic, numeric, and visualization facilities. Intelligent symbolic algorithms remove mechanical errors that cost time and impede comprehension. The product includes:
- thousands of mathematical functions covering a variety of disciplines from basic algebra and precalculus, to calculus and differential equations
- a wide range of modeling and simulation tools for engineering, finance, physics
- tools for web publishing and exporting to Word, LaTeX, and MathML
Eligibility & Cost
Computing Services holds a campus agreement which covers faculty, staff, and graduate students for academic, non-commercial purposes only. Undergrads may access Maple in a computer lab, from unix.andrew.cmu.edu or through Virtual Andrew.
|Windows 7+ (32 bit)||2017.2||1.2GB||9/15/17|
|Windows 7+ (64 bit)||2017.2||1.2GB||9/15/17|
|Mac OS X 10.10+||2017.2||1.2GB||9/15/17|
|Linux (64 bit) *||2017.2||1.2GB||9/15/17|
* Linux Compatible OS versions: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12.
- Download both the purchase code file and the appropriate installer file for your operating system.
- Double-click the installer file to run the install the program.
- Select Single User Licensing when prompted to choose a type.
- Select Activate Now after installation.
- Enter the purchase code from the purchase code file, and complete the required fields.
Mac OS X Troubleshooting
Install Java (Mac OS X)
- If prompted to install Java runtime, click Install.
- Agree to the Apple Software license agreement.
- Return to the installation steps included with the software.
App Can't Be Opened
- If prompted, "App" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer, click OK.
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu or Dock.
- Select Security & Privacy.
- Click General and then the lock icon.
- If prompted, enter an Administrator name and password for the computer you are using and then click Unlock.
- Check the following:
- Require password and choose immediately from the drop-down menu.
- Disable automatic login.
- Allow application downloaded from: Anywhere.
- Click the lock icon.
- Continue with the installation steps above.