Identity Finder assists you in preventing identity theft by finding personally-identifiable information stored on your computer, file shares or external media and providing you with the ability to easily and quickly protect or securely dispose of it.
Identity Finder Licensing Information
This software prevents identity theft by probing and identifying personally identifiable data and enables you to delete, password protect, encrypt, and/or quarantine the sensitive data or files.
Campuses covered by this license: All
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: Unlimited installation on all university owned machines. It also includes installation on home computers for student, staff, and faculty (one license per person).
- Available for: Windows
- Who can install it: Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Eligible equipment:University owned/leased and personally owned computers on campus/at home
- Type of license: Perpetual
- Cost to users: None
- Where to get it: Download here
- License code required: Yes
- Getting help using it: Contact the Help Center, contact information is listed under "Support Contact" on this page.
- Restrictions: it is restricted for export control purposes (adding text from general counsel)
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affiliation with Carnegie Mellon University