ESET Endpoint Security
ESET Endpoint Security offers Mac computers protection against emerging malware threats.
Only university-owned computers are eligible for this software.
|Mac 10.9+||6.7.600.0||126.2 MB||1/23/19|
Disable Your Firewall
ESET provides firewall abilities and there could be a conflict if more than one is running.
- Select Apple Menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall.
- Click the lock icon, if needed, and enter your computer username and password.
- Click Turn Off Firewall to disable the built-in macOS firewall.
- Download the installer.
- Double-click the installer file to open it.
- Double-click Install ESET Endpoint Security.
- Continue with the installation, following the onscreen steps with these options:
- Agree to the Software License Agreement
- Typical Installation Mode.
- Disable ESET LiveGrid feedback system.
- Enable detection of unwanted applications.
- Click Install.
- Enter your computer username and password if prompted.
- Select Close after the installation completes.
- When prompted with System Extension Blocked (macOS) and Your computer is not protected (ESET), click Open System Preferences in the ESET window.
- Choose Security & Privacy and click Allow to continue. Click the lock icon if needed entering your computer username and password.
- Do one of the following:
- macOS High Sierra - click Restart and continue to Network Connection Detected
- macOS Mojave - click Restart and continue with the Additional Steps below.
Mac Mojave Additional Steps
This allows ESET to access user protected data on your Mac.
- Select Apple Menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Click the lock and enter your computer username and password.
- Select Full Disk Access from the list.
- Click + and select ESET Endpoint Security from Applications.
- Click Open and then Later.
- Click the lock and then close System Preferences.
- Restart for the change to take effect.
ESET needs the firewall Profile for each network you use. You will be prompted with a New network connection detected window during installation and when ESET detects a new network. If you connect to multiple networks simultaneously (i.e., wired and wireless), a prompt will appear for each individual network.
- Select the appropriate Profile for your location when prompted with New network connection detected.
- Home - your home network
- Work - CMU campus network or other permanent work network
- Public - coffee shop, airport, hotel or other public WiFi
- Check Remember Network and click OK.
- Open ESET.
- Select Update (left) then click Update modules. The software will check and install available updates.
If you're experiencing issues with ESET and your VPN:
- Open ESET.
- Select Setup (left) then click Web and Email.
- Click the Setup button next to Web access protection.
- Click the Default button and choose OK to apply the standard settings.
- Close the window.
- Maximum Protection should display when Protection status is selected.
- Close the application.