Install Software Updates through SCCM
As mandatory software updates become available, you will be notified through a pop-up message that appears in your system tray. Follow the steps below to update your software through System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Click on the notification or the pop-up to open the SCCM window. The SCCM window will indicate a date and time when the installation will automatically begin.
- Click OK to begin the installation now.
- Click Remind Me Later to delay the install. If you prefer, you may elect to schedule the installation for after your specified business hours.
Note: If the pop-up window does not open, open Software Center (Start > All Programs > Microsoft System Center > Software Center) and browse to Updates. Choose Install All in the upper right corner.
Launch the Reminder window, found in the System Tray/Notification Area:
- Restart your computer, if prompted.
- Click the Restart Required pop-up. The following options appear, prompting for any of these options:
- Restart now
- Snooze and remind me again in, to specify a time interval before the next restart reminder.
- Cancel, to restart later without additional reminders, or wait until the restart deadline expires (up to 90 minutes).
View Update Status
Follow these steps to view the status of your updates.
- Click the system tray icon.
- The Software Center management window appears, select Installation Status.
- The update status fields appears as Installed, Pending restart, or Failed. Select an update to view its corresponding details.
Note: If an update has failed, you may need to restart your computer and run the installation process again.