Box and Office Online
The Office Online web application is activated for CMU Box accounts allowing multiple collaborators to edit Microsoft Office documents directly from a browser in real-time.
Features At a Glance
- Create and edit Microsoft Office documents from a browser using Office Online; no need to have Microsoft Office installed on your desktop
- Allows simultaneous editing by multiple collaborators
- Supports xml-based MS Office file formats: Word (.docx), Excel (.xlsx) and PowerPoint (.pptx)
- File size limits when editing files: Word document must contain less than 100 million characters and load in less than 60 seconds; Excel 5MB; PowerPoint 300MB
- CMU Box service takes care of the Office 365 for business requirements for you, an additional Office 365 account is not required