Box Drive App
The Box Drive app offers real-time connectivity to cloud-based files. Box Drive enables quick access to files without a browser and makes it easier to share files with others in multiple locations.
- access files on-demand
- search, view and copy all Box content, including read-only
- create and access shared links
- upload and open any content from a Box folder
- mark files to be available offline on a per-machine basis
Install Box Drive
- If you are using Box Sync, uninstall it first.
- Download and run the Box Drive app from the Available Box Apps page.
- Click Use Single Sign On (SSO). Log in with your Andrew userID and password.
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
- Your Box files are stored in a new folder called Box.
- Box Drive Versus Box Sync
- Switch from Box Sync to Box Drive
- Installing and Using Box Drive
- Box Drive Folder & File Name Restrictions
- Mark for Offline
- Do NOT install both Box Sync and Box drive.
The two applications cannot run on the same device.
- Use the search functionality within Box Drive.
The search capability within Windows Explorer and Mac Finder will not return results for Box Drive files. Instead, use the search within Box Drive.
- Use the Box Drive "Mark for Offline" feature to work without an Internet connection.
Box Drive's "Mark for Offline" feature gives you access to your Box cloud content anywhere, regardless of Internet connectivity, on each computer where you run Box Drive. If you make changes to your files while you're offline, Box Drive automatically uploads the revised content when you next connect to the Web.