How To Use CMU Phone Manager
- speed dial numbers
- contact lists
- phone services
- voicemail notifications
Refer to the information below to get started using Phone Manager. For more information, refer to the Phone Manager Self-Care Portal Guide.
Log In and Log Out
To log in to Phone Manager:
- Visit phone.cmu.edu.
Note: To log in from off-campus, first connect to VPN.
- Enter your Andrew userID and password in the login window, then click Sign In.
To log out of Phone Manager:
- Click your name (top right).
- Click Sign Out.
Access Your Phone Settings
- To access your phone settings, click Phones > Phone Settings (top left).
- Select one or more of the settings:
- Speed Dial Numbers
- Ring Settings
- Voicemail Notification Settings
- Call History
- Phone Contacts
- Follow the prompts to define the selected setting, then click Save.
- Click Phones > Call Forwarding (top left).
- Select the phone number you want to forward, then click Forward all calls to and complete one of the options:
- Choose Voicemail to forward your calls to your voicemail.
- Select Add a new number to forward your calls to another phone number, then enter:
- the last five digits of the phone number to forward to a campus phone number
- + (plus sign) 1, the area code, and the phone number to forward to a non-campus phone number
- (Optional) Click Advanced calling rules, then select one or more options.
- Click Save. It may take several minutes for call forwarding to activate.
Turn On "Do Not Disturb"
Your phone will not ring when called if you turn on the Do Not Disturb feature.
- Click IM & Availabilty > Do not disturb > Turn on (top-left).
- Click Save.