Virtual Andrew for iPad
Install and Connect
Follow the steps below to install the VMware View application and connect to Virtual Andrew:
- Install the VMware View Client for iPad from the Apple App Store.
Note: An Apple account is required; this application is free to download.
- The VMware View application should now be available from your Home screen.
- Touch the application to launch it.
- Touch Add View Connection Server.
- Enter virtual.andrew.cmu.edu for Connection Server and then touch Connect.
- When prompted, enter your Andrew userID and password and then touch Done.
- Touch Virtual Andrew to connect.
The message "Loading Desktop" will display. If the "Loading Desktop" error message displays, touch OK.
You should now be connected to Virtual Andrew. Use the dock located at the top of the screen for a touch pad and options.
To disconnect, select Log Off from the Windows menu.
Last Updated: 04/24/14