Frequently Asked Questions
- What operating systems are supported by the Virtual Andrew desktop client?
- Can I install software on Virtual Andrew?
- Some applications are not available from the Start Menu after login.
- Is there a session limit?
- I lost my network connection, now what?
- Can I print to my local printer from Virtual Andrew?
- Can I print to a Public printer from Virtual Andrew?
The Virtual Andrew Desktop Client is currently available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS. Linux operating systems should log in via the web client.
You can not install software on Virtual Andrew or lab computers. Request the installation of specific software by submitting a request to email@example.com. Please include justification for the installation as well as licensing information.
It may take 3-4 minutes for Virtual Andrew to completely load.
Is there a session limit?
Virtual Andrew has a 3-day session limit. If you are logged on any Virtual Andrew client for 72 hours, you will be disconnected. The desktop will be terminated if not reconnected within 20 minutes.
If you lose your network connection while working on your Virtual Andrew desktop, you must reconnect within 20 minutes or you will lose your desktop.
Copy and paste your work from Virtual Andrew to your local desktop. Then, you will be able to print to your local printer.
Yes. Since you are remotely accessing a lab computer, you can print directly to the public printers.
Yes, since you will be connecting to a virtual computer, your Roaming Profile will follow you.
You can use your Box account, AFS space, or your email to transfer files.
Last Updated: 2/9/16