Printing from Mac
Steps on this page walk you through the process of installing the Andrew Central B&W Print Queue. By selecting the andrew print queue for your document, your print job will be sent to ALL public cluster and library printers on campus. You can release, print and delete your print job from ANY campus release station.
Follow these steps to install the software:
- Download the popup software AND the generic printer driver.
- Double-click the Popup.dmg file to open the disk.
- Double-click the Popup.pkg file to run the installer. Through the process, you'll be prompted to authenticate and will be asked to select the destination for the installation. When the Install is finished, close the installer window.
Mac OS X 10.8 - CTRL-click the installer and select Continue to allow installation. To change your download options to allow installation from anywhere, see the Recommended Configurations Settings document.
Install the Print Driver
Follow these steps to install the printer driver:
- Select the Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Depending on your operating system, select either Print & Fax or Print & Scan.
- Click the lock icon to make changes; an authentication window appears.
- Enter an Administrator level name and password, and then click OK.
- Click the + to add a new printer.
- CTRL-click (right-click) the toolbar and choose Customize Toolbar... Drag Advanced to the Toolbar and click Done.
- Select Advanced; it may take a few moments to display. Enter the following:
- Type: Pharos Print Server
- Device: Another Device
- URL: popup://printing.andrew.cmu.edu/andrew
- Name: Andrew Central B&W
- Print Using: Select Other.
- Navigate to your desktop (or to where you downloaded the file) and select CMUGeneric.ppd.
- Click Open.
- Click Add.
- Click the lock icon to prevent changes and close the Print & Fax or Print & Scan window.
- Restart your computer.
||I want to use color printing.
||I need only black and white. Show me how to order my print job!
Last Updated: 1/24/13