Computing Services UC Equipment Lending Center
University Center, Room 111B (near the ATM machines on the main level)
Mon - Fri: Noon - 4 p.m.
Advance Reservations ONLY Staff, Students, Faculty Members
Fee-based Service, payment options
Check/cash payments must be made in advance at Cyert A-74
Benefits of UC Self-service Reservation System
- Convenient location
- Lower cost
- Efficient, easy to use
Placing a Self-Service, Pickup Equipment Order
- Complete the online order form -OR- send email to MediaTech.
- Place your order at least 24 business hours in advance of the requested pickup time.
- Pickup - Reserved equipment (e.g., microphones, laptop umbilical cables) should be picked up from the University Center Room 111B Monday - Friday, between 12-4 p.m. Weekend orders should be picked up on Friday and returned on Monday. You will need to present your Carnegie Mellon photo ID card and a copy of your order confirmation.
- Return - All items may be returned to room UC room 111B, Monday - Friday, between 12-4 p.m. OR return small items through our Media Return Drop Slot, located on the outer wall of University Center 111B.
- Self-service orders must be cancelled within 24 hours of an event. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation fee of 50% of the order charge.
- Orders must be placed at least 24 hours prior to the start of the event. Orders that are placed less then 24 hours in advance will be charged at the regular full service rate; see Pricelist for details.
- Items are to be returned within 24 hours of the event start time. Items picked up on Friday are due by 2 p.m. the following Monday. Items picked up the day before a holiday are due by 2 p.m. the first business day after the holiday.
- Each item on the order will be subject to a late fee of its original cost for each day that it is overdue.
- Damaged or lost items must be immediately reported to Media Technology Service at 412-268-8855.
- The lender is responsible for the full amount of the cost to repair or replace lost or damaged items.
- Loss and damage fees are applied to the Oracle string that was used to order.
- In person - University Center, Room 111B, Monday-Friday, Noon - 4 p.m.
- Telephone - Call 412-268-8855, Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Last Updated: 5/16/13