Doctor's Hooding Ceremony
Saturday, May 19
Carnegie Music Hall, Carnegie Museum
4400 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
At this ceremony, all Ph.D. graduates will be individually hooded and recognized. A keynote address will be given by Njema J. Frazier, Ph.D., Director, Office of Experimental Sciences, Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration.
Carnegie Music Hall Foyer,
- Robing is for doctor's candidates and faculty hooders. Guests should proceed directly to the ceremony.
- Doors open at 3:30 p.m. Please do not arrive prior to this time.
- The ceremony lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- A reception will immediately follow in the Carnegie Music Hall Foyer.
- Graduates will receive their diplomas at department/college diploma ceremonies, which take place throughout the weekend. View a schedule.
- Tickets are not issued and there is no limit on the number of guests a student may bring.
- Seating is first come, first served.
- With the exception of disabled guests and their companions, all seating on the first floor of the Carnegie Music Hall is reserved for ceremony participants.
- Guest seating is available on the first and second mezzanine levels.
- The ceremony will also be webcast on this site via YouTube.
- Guests are encouraged to remain in their seats and enjoy the ceremony.
- A professional photographer will be available at the reception to take posed photos of candidates.
- Prints can be ordered from GradImages or by calling 800-261-2576.