Doctor's Hooding Ceremony
Saturday, May 18
Carnegie Music Hall, Carnegie Museum
4400 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
At this ceremony, all Ph.D. candidates will be individually hooded and recognized.
Note: Ph.D. candidates will purchase their hood at the time of their cap and gown order, but hoods will not be distributed to the candidate until the Doctor’s Hooding ceremony, on stage. Candidates should pick up their cap and gown on campus and bring them to the Doctor's Hooding ceremony at the Carnegie Museum.
- Doors open at 3:30 p.m. Please do not arrive prior to this time.
- The ceremony lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- A reception will immediately follow in the Carnegie Music Hall Foyer.
- Graduates will receive their diplomas at department/college diploma ceremonies, which take place throughout the weekend. View a schedule.
Carnegie Music Hall Foyer,
- Robing is for Ph.D. candidates and faculty hooders. Guests should proceed directly to the ceremony.
- Tickets are not issued and there is no limit on the number of guests a student may bring.
- Seating is first come, first served.
- With the exception of disabled guests and their companions, all seating on the first floor of the Carnegie Music Hall is reserved for ceremony participants.
- Guest seating is available on the first and second mezzanine levels.
- The ceremony will also be webcast on this site via YouTube.
- Guests are encouraged to remain in their seats and enjoy the ceremony.
- A professional photographer will be available at the reception to take posed photos of candidates.
- Prints can be ordered from GradImages or by calling 800-261-2576.