Tuition Benefits Update
If you plan to submit a tuition benefit application for Spring 2018 (CMU) or Winter/Spring 2018 (Outside Institutions), please note that we have made some updates and changes to the process.
- All tuition benefit applications received for outside institutions for the Winter/Spring 2018 semester will be processed during the first 2 weeks in January 2018.
- All tuition benefit applications received for Spring 2018 semester at CMU will be processed during the last 2 weeks in January 2018.
- Any applicable taxation will be withheld from your paychecks for three (3) consecutive months in 2018 beginning with the first paycheck after your tuition application is approved. Please refer to the Tuition Benefits Taxation Guide for additional information concerning taxation.
- Your tuition benefit application will be processed as soon as it is submitted by you except where otherwise noted. You don’t need to submit your application before you are enrolled in courses.
- Only submit a tuition benefit application if you are confident that your course load has been finalized. If there is a change to your course schedule after your application is processed, please contact the CMUWorks Service Center as soon as possible so that an adjustment can be made to your pay details.
For Outside Institution Benefits ONLY:
If you would like your Winter/Spring 2018 tuition application to an outside institution processed in 2017, please contact the CMUWorks Service Center no later than December 12, 2017 with your written request. These requests will be processed in December prior to the last pay of the year. In addition, ALL applicable taxation will be withheld in your last December 2017 paycheck. All applications received after December 12, 2017 will be processed in January 2018.
For more information regarding the Tuition Benefit, please visit the HR Website or click here.
Feel free to contact the CMUWorks Service Center at 8-4600 or email@example.com with any questions.