As part of Computing Services web publishing tools, the university offers a content management system (CMS) for creating official Carnegie Mellon University websites. Some of the advantages of using the CMS are:
- It is free, and we will teach you how to use it.
- It allows people with little to no experience to build and maintain professional websites.
- It creates a more coherent web presence across Carnegie Mellon University departments and divisions.
- All academic and administrative departments are eligible to use the CMS.
- Research groups, centers, and labs are eligible to use the CMS provided they have official recognition by their department and an official name.
To get started, schedule a thirty minute inital consult. We will meet with you to learn more about your website goals and expectations. If it has been determined that the CMS is a good fit for your website needs, you will be asked to submit an official site request.
All new users of the CMS are required to attend an introductory training session. The training lasts about an hour, and regularly scheduled group training sessions are available in Cyert Hall for authorized CMS users. Please bring a laptop with you for the training. To sign up for a training, a site owner may submit a request for new user access.