Fixing the "You have been logged on with a temporary profile" Error
- Log on to the computer using the administrator account.
- Click the Start button.
- From the Start menu, in the search bar at the bottom, type REGEDIT command and hit Enter key.
- On the UAC confirmation box, click Yes button to provide your consent to continue.
- On the opened Registry Editor window, in the left pane, navigate and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion
- From the expanded list, right-click the user profile ID that is without the .bak extension.
- From the displayed context menu, click Rename and rename it to .new or something else.
- Rename the profile with .bak extension and remove .bak from it, hence making it the current user profile.
- Once done, close the Registry Editor window and restart the computer to allow the changes to take effect.
- Log on to the repaired user account using its rectified profile.