The department has many windows shares available. The directions below can be used to connect to any department windows share. Replace the server name as appropriate for the share you are trying to connect.
You will need an Andrew account and be affiliated with Chemical Engineering to access departmental windows shares. Additionally, these shares are only available while directly connected to the campus network.
If you are trying to connect from an off campus location, you will need to use Virtual Private Networking (VPN) which can be downloaded through the university.
From a Windows PC
- Click Start and then type \\SERVERNAME.cheme.cmu.edu
- You will be prompted with a box titled Enter Network Password as shown below:
In the Username field, type andrew\AndrewId, where AndrewId is your given Andrew ID from the university.
In the Password field, type in your Andrew password.
- If you have done this correctly, a window titled SERVERNAME will open, and you have successfully connected to SERVERNAME.
- Double-click on the shared folder you want to access.
From a Mac
- Go to Finder.
- In the menu bar, select Go. Then Connect to Server.
- Type in smb://SERVERNAME.cheme.cmu.edu for the server address.
- Select "Registered User" and enter andrew\andrewID and your Password. Be sure to replace "andrewID" with your own.
- Select the volumes you want to mount.
- The server can be found in the Shared section in Finder.