Nomination Process for the Graduate Student Service Award
Nominations consist of one phase and may be submitted by any member of the Carnegie Mellon University community.
Current graduate students at the university who have demonstrated outstanding service in their department, college or the broader academic community are eligible to be nominated for the award. Students who have been nominated in the past or received honorable mention may be nominated again. However, previous winners of the award are ineligible for nomination. Graduate students who are currently in Executive Committee roles for the Graduate Student Assembly are also ineligible for nomination.
Submissions must be received by the first Monday in February and must be submitted as a single pdf file via this nomination form.
- A nomination letter addressed to the selection committee summarizing the individual's service accomplishments.
- Up to 5 additional recommendation letters from faculty, current and former students, and other colleagues who have substantive knowledge of the nominee's service activities. See further guidance below.
- A brief C.V. (two to four pages) prepared by the nominee.
- A summary of the projects or efforts on which the nominee has served that have resulted in a positive impact on our community.
Letters of Recommendation
- Recommendation letters should be solicited from students, alumni, staff or faculty members or external partners who have worked with the nominee or who are aware of the impact of the nominee’s service efforts.
- The maximum number of recommendation letters that can be submitted is 5.
- As you write a letter (and/or share relevant materials) in support of this nomination, please keep in mind that selected text from a nomination packet may be quoted in event publicity and ceremony recognition.