Transportation systems are critical to economic prosperity, public health and citizens’ quality of life. Emerging technologies provide unprecedented opportunities to effectively manage transportation systems.
The Smart Transportation/Mobility concentration in Smart Mobility provides students with a set of analytical skills to tackle a wide spectrum of real-world problems related to transportation systems at the intersection of policy and technology.
- 12-606 Traffic Engineering
- 12-645 Intelligent Transportation Systems
- 12-704 Probability and Estimation Methods for Engineering Systems
- 12-706 Civil Systems Investment Planning and Pricing
- 12-783 Geographical Information Systems
- 12-750 Infrastructure Management
- 12-761 Sensing & Data Mining in Smart Structures and Systems
- 12-768 Decision Analytics for Business and Policy
- 12-735 Urban Systems Modeling
The following interdisciplinary courses relate to this concentration and may be of interest for additional course work, depending on your academic and career goals.
- 12-659 Special Topics: MATLAB
- 12-709 Data Analytics for Engineered Systems
- 12-740 Data Acquisition
- 12-741 Data Management
- 12-745 AIS Project
- 12-746 Python Prototyping for Infrastructure Systems
- 12-749 Climate Change Adaptation
- 12-780 Advanced Python and Web Prototyping for Civil Infrastructure
- 90-789 Sustainable Community Development
- 95-760 Decision Making Under Uncertainty
How to Apply
Ready to Apply?
All applications are submitted online through the CMU College of Engineering. For application information, visit our Admissions Information page.