Environmental Decision Support
To support effective decisions that protect natural environmental systems, human health and sustainability, integrated approaches are being developed by teams of scientists, engineers and economists. These tools include advanced methods in high-performance computing, distributed sensing, data management, statistics, optimization, cost-benefit analysis, risk and decision analysis, risk communication, and public participation.
As a student in the Environmental Decision Support MS program you will learn essential elements of these methods, their assumptions, advantages and disadvantages, and their implementation and integration through class readings, assignments, and projects.
- 12-704 Probability and Estimation Methods for Engineering Systems
- 12-706 Civil Systems Investment Planning and Pricing
- 12-709 Data Analytics
- 12-726 Mathematical Modeling of Environmental Quality Systems
- 12-768 Decision Analysis for Business and Policy
- 19-707 Multiple Criteria Decision Making
- 12-714 Environmental Life Cycle Assessment
- 12-735 Urban Systems Modeling
- 12-740 Data Acquisition
- 12-741 Data Management
- 12-745 Advanced Infrastructure Systems Project
- 12-645 Smart Cities
- 12-783 Geographical Information Systems
- 24-785 Engineering Optimization
How to Apply
Ready to Apply?
All applications are submitted online through the CMU College of Engineering. For application information, visit our Admissions Information page.