9:00 - 9:15 a.m.
Subra Suresh, President, Carnegie Mellon University, and William J. Burns, President, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
9:15 - 10:45 a.m.
Panel Discussion: Cyber Deterrence: Deterrence by Denial and the Vulnerabilities Debate
Setting the Stage: David Brumley, Director, CyLab and Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
Moderator: Nicole Perlroth, Cybersecurity Reporter, The New York Times
- Ariel (Eli) Levite, Nonresident Senior Fellow, Nuclear Policy Program, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Robert Schmidle, Lieutenant General, United States Marine Corp, Retired
- Chris Valasek, Security Lead, Uber Advanced Technology Center
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Panel Discussion: The Future of Internet Governance in a Post-Transition World
Setting the Stage: Tim Maurer, Associate, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, and Co-Leader, The Cyber Policy Initiative
Moderator: Nancy Scola, Senior Technology Reporter, POLITICO
- Fadi Chehadé, Chairman and CEO, Chehadé & Company; Senior Advisor to Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum; Research Fellow, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University; and Visiting Fellow of Practice, Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford University
- Eileen Donahoe, Distinguished Fellow at the Center for International Governance Innovation
- Lawrence E. Strickling, Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information, U.S. Department of Commerce
12:30 - 1:15 p.m.
Security and Policy Student Poster Session
1:15 - 2:00 p.m.
Malcolm Johnson, Deputy Secretary-General, International Telecommunication Union, United Nations