Consequences for Ethical Job Search Policy Violations
- 1st offense: Students who fail to cancel their interview before the interview cancellation date found in Handshake OR who do NOT show for an interview will be temporarily blocked on Handshake and will need to schedule an appointment to meet with their career consultant to discuss the reasoning behind the late cancellation. Students will also be expected to send a letter of apology to the recruiter after receiving approval from their career consultant.
- 2nd offense: Removal from Handshake, including campus job search, interviewing access, and appointment scheduling privileges for the remainder of the current and next full semester (fall/spring).
- 3rd offense: Complete removal of job search and interviewing access including deactivating student’s Handshake account
If you need to cancel an appointment, please do so through your Handshake account at least 12 hours in advance. If it is less than 12 hours prior, call the CPDC Advising Center at (412) 268-2064 to cancel your appointment (leave a message if necessary). Please keep in mind that same day cancellations (especially repeats) may be subject to the No Show/Late Cancellation penalty (see below) at the discretion of the CPDC staff.
[Note: If you arrive late for your appointment, it may be considered a “missed” appointment and you may be asked to reschedule.]
- 1st Offense: will result in an email being sent, from the Career Consultant, inquiring about why you missed your appointment
- 2nd Offense: will result in a warning email stating that the CPDC has an Appointment No Show/Late Cancellation policy (link to the info below)
- 3rd Offense: will result in your Handshake privileges (interviews and appointments) being revoked
Appointment No Show/Late Cancellation Policy
If you miss a 3rd appointment, then your Handshake account will be blocked until you contact your primary Career Consultant, schedule a meeting, show up for the appointment and discuss the missed meetings. For this meeting, you can either email the Career Consultant your availability or call the Consultant, depending on the Consultant’s preference.
On-Site Interviews, Reneging and Misrepresentation of Qualifications
- 1st Offense: Removal from Handshake, including campus job search, interviewing access, and appointment scheduling privileges for the remainder of the current and next full semester (fall/spring).
- 2nd Offense: Complete removal of job search and interviewing access including deactivating student’s Handshake account.