Post Gradescope Grades to Canvas
Gradescope allows you to transfer the scores for an assignment into your Canvas course. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Create a Canvas Assignment
- Link Your Assignment through Gradescope
- Post Grades to Canvas
- Create a Canvas Assignment.
Navigate to your Canvas course and Create an Assignment. From within the Edit Assignment page in Canvas, expand the “Submission Type” dropdown menu and select “No Submission[a].” Add any additional assignment details and then click “Save” or “Save and Publish.” Be sure to name your Canvas assignment the same as your Gradescope assignment.
- To link a Gradescope assignment to an existing Canvas course, navigate to the assignment in [b]Gradescope and click on the “Settings” option from the navigation menu.
From the Settings page, click the “Link” button under the “Canvas Assignment” header.
Select your Canvas assignment from the dropdown menu and click the “Link Assignment” button when finished.
Gradescope will now show you that the assignment has successfully been linked. You also have the ability to change where you would like to link the assignment or unlink the assignment from Canvas, if you so choose.
3. When a Gradescope assignment is linked to a Canvas assignment, a button allowing you to post Grades to Canvas will appear in the “Review Grades” area of the Gradescope assignment.
[a]or "On Paper?"
[b]Best Practices: Weave throughout (Point value, assignment name)