What to Give
Make a Difference Through Giving
Contact Christine Tebes today to discuss how the following giving options might work for you:
- Cash - Making a gift of cash is as simple as writing a check payable to "Carnegie Mellon University" or authorizing a charge from your credit or debit card.
- Securities - Stock that has increased in value is one of the most popular assets used for charitable giving, once it has been held for a minimum of one year and a day. Making a gift of securities offers you the chance to help Carnegie Mellon while realizing many important benefits for yourself. Download our securities gift form (.pdf) today.
- Retirement Plan Assets - Did you know that you can name Carnegie Mellon as a beneficiary of your IRA or pension fund?
- Real Estate - It is possible to make a gift of your primary or secondary home. Real estate can be used as either an outright gift or as a way to fund a trust that provides you with income for life.
- Life Insurance - Some alumni have made Carnegie Mellon "sole owner and beneficiary" of life insurance policies that are no longer needed.
Please download information about making a bequest or a gift using an outside trust from the "helpful links" box at the right.