Procession & Academic Regalia
As with all formal academic ceremonies, the investiture ceremony will include an academic procession, with participants wearing academic regalia.
Individuals in the academic procession will include trustees, faculty, university leadership, and other leaders of higher education.
For Carnegie Mellon Faculty Members:Regalia Rental Information
- Regalia rentals are now closed and no late orders can be accepted
- Rentals were distributed on November 7 and 8 in the University Bookstore
- Please plan to bring regalia with you to the investiture ceremony
- Returns will be accepted immediately following the ceremony at the Carnegie Music Hall
- After November 15, returns will be accepted at the University Bookstore until November 22
- No returns will be accepted after November 22
If you have any questions regarding cap and gown rental orders, please contact Kate Davis (email@example.com or 412-268-3465).
For individuals representing other academic institutions:
- If you plan to ship your academic regalia to campus, contact Debbie Rodday at 412-268-6758, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please plan to ship for arrival to Carnegie Mellon by November 11.
- If you own your own regalia, please bring it with you to the Carnegie Music Hall, on Friday, November 15.
- If you require rental regalia, please contact Kate Davis (email@example.com or 412-268-3465) to make arrangements.
Important Procession Information
Program and procession participants:
- Please plan to be at the Carnegie Music Hall by 2:15 p.m.
- Please bring your regalia with you to the Carnegie Music Hall
- If you have questions, contact (412) 268-6758 or firstname.lastname@example.org