Apply to be a JFC Rep-Student Government - Carnegie Mellon University

Apply to be a JFC Rep

What is the JFC?

Every year, a small group of students have the opportunity to be a part of a process that shapes Carnegie Mellon's student experience in a monumental way. The Joint Funding Committee (JFC) is in charge of the allocation of approximately $1.6 million of your student activities fee, which is used to fund the majority of student organizations the following year. You play a powerful role in deciding what the culture and atmosphere of campus will be like in the following year, through this unique opportunity for engagment with the campus community. 

Who Are We Looking For?

Any student, graduate or undergraduate, who is currently enrolled at least half-time and has paid their Student Activities Fee, is eligible to apply for the opportunity to become a member of the JFC and to serve as a representative for at least 10 student groups who are seeking funding. We are looking for people who are willing to put in a substantial amount of time and effort to contribute to our campus community. If you are passionate about student life, want to really learn about this campus, and are excited at the prospect of having impact on your community, then this is the committee for you.

Apply Now

Access the JFC Representative Application on The Bridge.

Email Ben Zhang, the SBVP for Finance, at if you have any questions.