Family-Student Government - Carnegie Mellon University

Family Resources

Student Parent Association

The "Student Parent Association" is a google group aimed at collecting information for CMU graduate students.  To join, please log into your google account and search for "Student Parent Association".

Families and Dependents

The Office of International Education maintains a great website on information for spouses and families Note that spouses, partners, and families are eligible for ID cards.

GSA Child Care Support

GSA has established and maintains a room for new mothers in Wean Hall.  For a key to the New Mother's room, please contact the GSA president at

Details on locations of changing tables around campus:

  • CIT: Two are located outside of CEE in Baker Hall (one in the women's room and one in the men's room). Additionally, a changing table is located in the unisex bathroom in Scaife Hall.
  • Tepper: Tepper has changing tables in all restrooms.
  • Heinz: The second floor restrooms in Hamburg Hall have a changing table in both the men's and women's room.
  • Mellon: There are two changing tables in Doherty (one in the men's room and one in the women's), as well as one in the unisex bathroom (4th floor of Mellon).
  • SCS: All handicapped stalls in both men's and women's restrooms in Wean have changing tables.  Additionally, there are tables in both the men's and women's rooms on the main floor of Newell Simon (by the atrium).