In addition to hosting social events, GSA is also involved with events that enhance graduate student life on and off campus. Upcoming events in the community are listed below. If you are interested in participating in any of these, please contact any member of the GSA Executive Committee.
What GSA Is Doing in Fall 2012
Legislative Action Days (LAD) - September 7-11, Washington, DC
We will be lobbying on behalf of graduate and professional students nationwide, with the help of the National Association of Graduate-Professional Students (NAGPS), who will provide training for anyone who wants or needs it. Transportation and lodging will be covered for participating students.
Issues focused on may include:
- Your access to graduate education and funding
- Your graduate student loans (interest rates and debt forgiveness)
- Your right to read federally funded published literature without fee
- International student visas and post-graduation immigration
- Educational funding for the Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, and other graduate-professional student fields
- Campus safety
NAGPS National Conference - November 1-4, Durham, NC (Duke University)
The National Association of Graduate-Professional Students (NAGPS) will be hosting its 26th annual national conference in North Carolina this year at Duke University. CMU will be attending with a small contingency. Transportation and lodging will be provided for participating students. More information about the conference can be found on NAGPS's website.