Get Involved-Student Government - Carnegie Mellon University

Get Involved in the Executive Branch

Running for Office

If you would like to run for Student Body President, Student Body Vice-President, Student Body Vice-President for Finance, or Student Body Vice-President for Organizations, campus-wide elections are held every Spring. Visit the official student government election application for additional information.

Apply for the Elections Board!

The Elections Board are appointed positions by the Student Body President, responsible for running the Spring Elections. Applying now for a position by contacting

Serving on the Joint Funding Committee

If you would like to be a member of the Joint Funding Committee, which is chaired by the Student Body Vice President for Finance, please contact   More information on the JFC can be found at the official JFC website.

Don't forget that there are a number of other projects being sponsored by Student Government. If you are interested in any of these initiatives or have ideas of your own, contact us and we would love to work with you!