Student Life OfficeMorewood Gardens, 412-268-2142, http://studentaffairs.cmu.edu/student-life
John Hannon, Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Director
Lucas Christain, Associate Director
Helen Wang, Associate Director
The Student Life Office provides opportunities that emphasize community engagement and social responsibility while actively supporting the personal and professional development of students. We coordinate services, programs and experiences designed to encourage discovery, reflection and self-awareness. To this end, we:
- Coordinate the first year residential house experiences;
- Coordinate the Upperclass and Greek house experiences;
- Coordinate educational initiatives and accountability processes related to non-academic Community Standards;
- Advise student initiatives including Sexual Assault Advisors, 1 in 4, Safewalk, and the Strong Women Strong Girls mentoring program;
- Provide resources and facilitate programs related to gender identity including the MOSAIC conference, Women’s Leadership Program,
- Coordinate programs and resources related to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender topics (GLBT) including SafeZone training and Pride Month events.
- Facilitate faculty partnerships with the Big Questions initiative
- Advise and support the twenty-two social, Greek-letter organizations and associated governing councils that comprise the fraternity and sorority community;
- Advise the Student Dormitory Council (SDC).