Discounts Available to CMU Staff
|PLEASE NOTE: All pricing, login & discount code information is subject to change for the upcoming year.|
- PSO (Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra) Visit the PSO website for faculty and staff tickets starting at $20!*
- Pittsburgh Opera Go to http://www.pittsburghopera.org/ and use discount code POCMU
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort: Nemacolin has a Simply the Best Package that is offered on select dates throughout the year. The package includes room accommodations, all taxes and resort fees, as well as a $150 resort spending credit, and breakfast for each person in the room. Prices vary depending on the day of the week and the accommodations selected. For more information on the Simply The Best Package, contact a Resort Sales Specialist at (866) 344-6957 or visit
http://www.nemacolin.com/best-rates-package to book online.
- HoneyBaked Ham Staff Council is pleased to team up with the HoneyBaked Ham Company to offer you a 15% discount off any purchase. Simply print out the attached flyer [pdf] and present it at any participating location. This offer is good through Dec. 31, 2015.
- Housing (Faros Properties): Staff Council is working with Faros Properties to offer a 3% discount on rent each month to CMU employees at their Washington Plaza Apartments location. To receive the discount, during the application process you must provide either 1) an offer letter on CMU letterhead, 2) a letter of employment verification from an immediate supervisor/HR representative, or 3) a recent pay stub confirming CMU employment.
- Did you know that Weight Watchers is offered here at Carnegie Mellon for onsite meetings every Wednesday @ 11:30am in Cyert Hall B6-A!?! *UNDER NEW LEADERSHIP!! Membership includes all Weight Watchers material, weekly meetings and e-Tools (WW online tools). Download the flyer [pdf] for more details. For any questions, please contact Rita Motor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coming soon
Kennywood Employee Day
CMU employees can purchase two Funday tickets for $15 each (valid only on June 13) and additional Funday tickets for $22 each (limit 10). Pavilion 7 will be reserved for the CMU community. The children's prize giveaway and ice cream distribution will be at 1 p.m. at Pavilion 7. Ticket sale times and dates are as follows:
- June 2, Cohon University Center, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- June 3, Mellon Institute, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- June 3, Cohon University Center, 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- June 5, Cohon University Center, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- June 10, Cohon University Center, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- June 11, Cohon University Center, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- June 12, Cohon University Center, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
You must have your own CMU ID to purchase tickets. Cash only.
The Opera Theater of Pittsburgh SummerFest
The Opera Theater of Pittsburgh is currently selling tickets to their annual SummerFest at the Twentieth Century Club in Oakland. (The founder, Mildred Miller teaches voice at CMU) This year SummerFest runs from July 10 - August 2. There are over 30 performances of operas, recitals and the musical Damn Yankees going on simultaneously during these weeks.
Here is the link to the performance calendar:
Please use Code CMU15213 for 10% off performances.
Students can attend recitals for free with valid ID at the door.
- Ride & Refresh: $49.99 (not available at the gate!)
- Cedar Point Any Day: $45.00
- Junior/Senior Any Day: $39.99
- Soak City Any Day : $29.00
- 2 day Ride & Slide: $81.99
Access the discount tickets by going to: http://www.CedarPoint.com/Affiliates User Name and Password are case sensitive!
User name: CARNEGIEMU Password: cmu2015
1 There is a $5.99 convenience fee per transaction (not per ticket).
Idlewild & Soak Zone Discounts
Special Employee Discounts for Carnegie Mellon University! Order Online and save $11.00* per person
Online price is $31.99 + $1.25 processing fee per ticket. View/print flyer [docx]
TICKETS MUST BE ORDERED AT LEAST 7 DAYS PRIOR TO DATE OF VISIT
- Go to idlewild.com
- In the top right hand corner of the home page, enter PROMO CODE: GSAF1546 and "ENTER"
- Choose a ticket valid date from the calendar
- Click “SECURE CHECKOUT” and finish the transaction with your credit card information
PRINT YOUR TICKET VOUCHER IMMEDIATELY AND BRING IT WITH YOU TO THE PARK.
-Tickets are valid any operating day beginning 7 days after purchase date, during 2015 summer operating season.
A SURCHARGE of $11.00 per ticket must be paid if the ticket is used prior to valid start date printed on ticket voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other discount offer.
* Discount based on $41.99 + tax Regular FunDay Pass.
To purchase tickets, follow these easy steps:
- Go to http://www.sandcastlewaterpark.com
- Locate the Promo Code Box at the top right hand corner of the website.
- Enter Promo Code CMCSD15 in the box at the top of the screen and press enter.
- Finish the transaction with your credit card information.
- Print our your tickets and bring them with you to Sandcastle.
Ticket prices for seniors (55+) and juniors 48” and under are $21.99 and can be purchased at the park. Children 3 years old & under are free!
Please note: This coupon code should not be given out to any parties not affiliated with Carnegie Mellon University.
Hersheypark (Near Harrisburg)
Staff Council is pleased to offer discount tickets to Hersheypark this summer! Purchase tickets via http://tinyurl.com/cmu2015 with promo code 95336. If you purchase tickets before July 5, 2014, you will receive an extra savings and tickets can be used ALL summer season long. Flyer [pdf]
Rates for tickets purchased before July 5, 2015:
Regular 1-day pass (ages 9-54) - $40.95
Admission tickets purchased online before 7/5/15 are VALID for the entire 2015 Summer operating season!
Rates for tickets beginning July 6, 2015:
- Regular 1-day pass (ages 9-54) - $47.953
- Jr/Sr 1-day pass (ages 3-8; 55-69) - $35.95
- Senior+ 1 day pass (ages 70+) - $23.25
- Regular 2 day (ages 9-54) - $80.20
- Jr/Sr 2-day (ages 3-8; 55-69) - $58.70
3 Rate for purchases beginning 7/6/15
The gate rate for regular passes are $62.80 and the Jr/Sr is $39.80. Each ticket is subject to a $.75 convenience fee.
Hershey Games Value Pack
A $29 value for only $15! Valid for 13 games. Games Value Pack voucher purchased online must be redeemed for a Game Value Pack at Hospitality Services located inside the entrance to Hersheypark.
For added savings up to 25%, purchase Hersheypark Meal Tickets. Choose a meal at a participating food venue within Hersheypark. All meals include an entrée, side, and a 2015 souvenir cup beverage with 99¢ refills during the 2015 regular season. See flier [pdf] for details.
- Minted (http://www.minted.com/), the online stationery company, is happy to offer CMU faculty and staff a 10% off + free shipping discount on holiday photo cards and christmas photo cards. Just enter MINTEDFF2 coupon code at checkout. This discount code doesn't expire, however, it only applies to holiday photo cards (www.minted.com/holiday-photo-cards) and Christmas photo cards (www.minted.com/photo-christmas-cards) at this time.
Exploring Your CMU Perks
|CMU provides numerous (well hidden) benefits to staff that you can take advantage of, including discounts, memberships, and events. Explore your perks to see the deals and discounts available to you.|