CMU SV Wireless Innovators
Carnegie Mellon University Silicon Valley Wireless Innovators is a new amateur radio association for CMU Silicon Valley students, staff and affiliates.
Our group call sign is W6CMU (443.825 PL100 +5MHz offset)
ARRL charter approved
Wireless Innovators W6CMU is now a duly affiliated society of the American Radio Relay League, the national amateur radio association.
Goals and Activities
- Encourage learning and experimentation with radio and computation, allowing both traditional ham and emergency response activities, and also proactively enabling and encouraging novel uses of wireless + computers + sensors.
- Encourage our students to get appropriate licenses, use the ham shack, learn about the technologies and practices, and experiment with novel wireless systems.
- Run appropriate classes and small workshops and host meetups.
- Participate in regional wireless-related events.
May 2014 — received ARRL charter of affiliation
November 2013 — adopted current constitution [PDF] at general assembly meeting
December 2013 — featured on CMU-SV News site: "Campus 'ham' association promotes exciting new uses for radio"
February 2014 — Derek Kozel's appointment as Santa Clara Valley ARRL assistant section manager highlighted on the CMU-SV Blog
March 2014 — featured on CMU.edu home page: "Hamming it up"
- Ahmed Bougacha, KK6HAP (general), president
- Derek Kozel, AG6PO (extra), technical operations manager; Santa Clara Valley ARRL Assistant Section Manager
- Rishik Dhar, KK6HAO (general), secretary-treasurer
- Bob Iannucci, W6EI (extra), trustee; Palo Alto CERT
- Martin Griss, KJ6MIN (extra), faculty advisor; Mountain View CERT
- Patrick Tague, W6PDT (general), faculty advisor
- David Witkowski, W6DTW (extra), external advisor; President WCA
See full member list