interACT Silicon Valley
The International Center for Advanced Technologies (interACT) is a joint center between seven of the leading institutions in the US, Europe and Asia, including
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh and Silicon Valley, CA, USA
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Italian Institute of Technology, Genova, Italy
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany
- National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Tokyo, Japan
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
- Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
interACT's mission is to carry out scientific research on Advanced Communication Technologies as well as to promote and facilitate education in an international, cross-cultural setting.
interACT Silicon Valley is situated in the Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley campus which is located at the heart of Silicon Valley, the center of IT industry of the world. Our close collaboration with industry leaders enables us to advance the state-of-the-art research in speech and language processing, mobile computing and multi-modal human computer interaction. Silicon Valley center also gives the exchange students an unique opportunity to experience the culture of Silicon Valley where innovation and entrepreneurship can be smelled in the air.