SV Campus Resource Center
The campus community is supported by staff in both Pittsburgh and Silicon Valley. The primary contacts for each area are listed below. Faculty, staff and students at the Silicon Valley campus can also access additional resources through the Internal SV site (log-in required).
Academics & Student Affairs
For questions about on-campus resources in Silicon Valley, contact Sari Smith, Director of Student Affairs, at email@example.com or 650-335-2864.
For questions or issues about academic matters, students should contact their home department. Other departments and offices in Pittsburgh have designated staff liaisons for the Silicon Valley campus.
Electrical & Computer Engineering / Software Engineering
|Academic Advising — MS SE and MS ECE||Tara Moe, Pittsburgh campus|
|Academic Advising — Ph.D.||Nathan Snizaski, Pittsburgh campus|
Integrated Innovation Institute / Software Management
|General inquiries||Chris Zeise, Silicon Valley campus
|Academic advising||Gladys Mercier, Silicon Valley campus|
Information Networking Institute / MSIT
Wendy Fong, Silicon Valley campus
|Academic advising||MSIT-MOB: Pei Zhang, Silicon Valley campus|
|MSIT-IS: Patrick Tague, Silicon Valley campus|
|MSIT-SM: Gladys Mercier, Silicon Valley campus|
The HUB — Brian Fernandes, Pittsburgh campus, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of International Education — Jennifer McNabb, Pittsburgh campus, email@example.com
Career & Professional Services — Lauren Hildesheim, Silicon Valley campus, firstname.lastname@example.org
For building, maintenance, office or equipment requests — email email@example.com
- Building maps [PDF — Bldg 23 | Bldg 19]
- Room reservations and conference rooms
- Policies for using conference rooms and public spaces
- Event requests and reservations — for Pittsburgh campus or community groups
- CMU-SV Policies — for all building occupants and visitors
Issues with computing, hardware, software, telephones, email, networking or classroom technology — email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A guide to technology resources at the SV campus — for new faculty, staff and students
- Workday: CMU's unified, global HR, payroll, benefits and time tracking system
- Payroll: Email email@example.com for questions about deductions, online pay stubs, direct deposit
- Benefits: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about healthcare coverage, retirement plans, tuition benefits, PTO
- Holiday calendars: CMU observed holidays
Purchasing and Reimbursement
Financial policies, procurement questions and submitting forms — email email@example.com
- Review College of Engineering and Silicon Valley campus policies and forms
CMU-Alert Emergency Notifications
All members of the Carnegie Mellon community are encouraged to register for CMU-Alert to receive voice and/or text messages on a registered phone in the event of a campus emergency. Silicon Valley faculty and staff should select the dedicated Silicon Valley notification group.
- Faculty/Staff sign-up (Andrew ID required)
- Students — manage notifications in SIO