Carnegie Mellon University
Building 202 (MS-202-3)
Moffett Field, CA 94035
Abe Ishihara, Research Faculty
Areas of Interest
Modeling and Analysis of Photovoltaic Systems; Intelligent Monitoring and Control of Photovoltaic Systems, Certification of Adaptive Control for Manned and Unmanned Aircraft, Stochastic Methods for Neural Network Control, Asymptotic Approximation Methods for Controller Design and Stability Analysis
Ph.D., Aeronautics and Astronautics, Stanford University
M.S., Aeronautics and Astronautics, Stanford University
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Minor: Mathematics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Intelligent Resilient Aircraft Control (NASA)
- Intelligent Diagnostics for Revenue Critical Photovoltaic Arrays: A Data-Driven Approach
- Performance Monitoring for Building Integrated Photovoltaics (DOE)
Recent Solar Publications
- A.K. Ishihara and Ben-Menahem. Asymptotic analysis of the two-diode photovoltaic model. IASTED Power and Energy Systems and Applications, 2011.
- D. Liddell, Y. Yeh, R. Getsla, K. Young, C. Yeh, J. Dolan, D. Nguyen, Ben-Menahem S., S. Yang, and, A. Ishihara. A testing and evaluation framework for photovoltaic arrays under degradation. IASTED Power and Energy Systems and Applications, 2011.
- D. Nguyen, J. Dolan, A.K. Ishihara, and S. Ben-Menahem. A finite element method formulation for non-uniform heating of photovoltaic modules with associated validation metrics. IASTED Power and Energy Systems and Applications, 2011.
- Ben-Menahem and A.K. Ishihara. Photovoltaic hot-spot automated diagnostics from partial noisy sensor data: A physics based approach using splines and stochastics. IASTED Power and Energy Systems and Applications, 2011.
- J. Dolan, S. Ben-Menahem, and A.K. Ishihara. Lumped-parameter least squares estimation of thermal constants for partially-shaded photovoltaic (pv) modules. IASTED Power and Energy Systems and Applications, 2011.
- J.A. Dolan, R. Lee, Yoo-Hsiu Yeh, Chiping Yeh, D.Y. Nguyen, S. Ben-Menahem, and A.K. Ishihara. Neural network estimation of photovoltaic IV curves under partially shaded conditions. In Neural Networks (IJCNN), The 2011 International Joint Conference on, pages 1358 –1365, 31 2011-aug. 5 2011.