Student Involvement and Campus Life
As a student at Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley, there are a number of ways to get involved!
Check out the following:
Know what's happening at Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley! For all Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley community members, a weekly Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley Student Newsletter is published and distributed via email (and archived on Twiki). Get the latest updates on important events, dates and reminders, plus learn more about community events and gatherings.
Numerous student organizations exist at CMUSV. Learn how you can join and become involved.
Social and Community Events
For those that are local to Silicon Valley, be sure to take advantage of events organized and/or sponsored by Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley, including:
- International Thanksgiving Potlucks
- Excursions to San Francisco Giants baseball games
- Health Gems Workshop
- Tour of Silicon Valley
- And more!
Suggestions for excursions and events are welcome and encouraged! Share your thoughts and ideas with Gerry Elizondo at firstname.lastname@example.org and explore options on what can happen!
Ambassador programAre you an enthusiastic Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley student? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of potential applicants? Do you wish you had had someone to walk you through the process of applying and attending Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley? Do you like to meet new people and give friendly advice? If so, we want you to become a Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley Ambassador!
We are excited to introduce the Student Ambassador Program to you - a recruiting program that we are launching to help recruit potential applicants and candidates to the graduate programs at Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley. The Ambassador Program is a volunteer-based program. Any student is welcome to join. We are looking for students in all three program tracks, local or remote, who enjoy talking to others about their experience as a Carnegie Mellon student. For more information to to sign up, contact Sylvia Leong at email@example.com.
Be connected to Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley by joining a number of social network design to connect alumni and prospective, new, and current students.
- Facebook: If you have a Facebook account, become a "fan" of Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley by visiting the Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley Facebook page. You can also become a "fan" of Carnegie Mellon by visiting the Carnegie Mellon University Facebook page.
- Twitter: Follow us on Twitter!
- LinkedIn: Be sure to also check out the Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley LinkedIn group.
- Orkut: Orkut.com
- Yammer.com: Join by visiting Yammer and enter your "sv.cmu.edu" email account and you will be automatically added to the Yammer Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley community.
Professional and Networking Associations
Outside the classroom, the Silicon Valley offers numerous opportunities for students and professionals to network and socialize. Just check the local calendar, http://www.workit.com, for a sample of the professional and social eents available to community members. In addition, Silicon Valley professionals benefit from the many associations and organizations dedicated to specific interests and groups, including just a few listed below:
- Chinese Information and Networking Association
- Silicon Valley Indian Professionals Association
- Chinese Software Professional Association
- Sivan Group
- India Community Center
- Society of Women Engineers
- Korean Information Technology Network
- The Indus Entrepreneur
- North America Taiwanese Engineers Association
- Vietnam Silicon Valley Network