Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley Career Fair
The Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley Career Fair is a job fair for Carnegie Mellon students who are seeking either full-time or summer internship opportunities. We hope you will join us this year!
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2013
Time: 5:00 – 8:30 PM
Location: Computer History Museum, Mountain View, CA
Eligible to Attend: The Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley Career Fair is for currently-enrolled, degree-seeking Carnegie Mellon University students and alumni.
Starting December 1, students must pre-register on TartanTrak. Select 'Events' at the top of the page after logging into TartanTrak. Preregistration is required for all attendees. Attendance is limited to currently enrolled Carnegie Mellon students. This fair will not conduct on-site walk-in registration.
Registration deadline: Monday, March 11 (12 midnight EST)
Resume book deadline: Friday, March 1
To View Employers Attending
Login to TartanTrak, select 'Events' tab, select 'Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley Career Fair'
Important: Nametags are required for admission and will be given out to students who are preregistered.
- Update your resume via TartanTrak. Unsure on how to use TartanTrak? Attend an upcoming tutorial workshop (dates to be announced).
- Attend Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley Career Workshops. Workshops topics and dates will be announced via the Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley Newsletter.
- Review the Career and Professional Development Center website, including 'Career Success Guides' entitled 'Job Fairs' (.pdf) and 'Professional Presentation' (.pdf).
- Avoid cluster printer delays, please print your resumes early.
- Watch the "How to Navigate a Job Fair" streaming video file (used with permission by Purdue University).
- Dress in professional business attire, according to the industry you are pursuing. Not recommended: jeans, t-shirts and tennis shoes.
- Be sure to bring many copies of your resume (one per company in which you have interest, plus extras)
- For questions, please contact Mikelynn Romero at email@example.com
NOTICE REGARDING EMPLOYERS NOT ACCEPTING RESUMES
Be aware that due to recent changes in the Federal employment laws, some employers may not be able to accept your resume and may refer you to apply on their website.