Scholarly Communications Committee
The Scholarly Communications Committee is responsible for leading library initiatives related to scholarly communications, seeking opportunities to collaborate with other campus constituencies, and developing and maintaining a website on scholarly communications. Example activities include educating the university community about open access and other important topics, guiding the development of Research Showcase (the university’s open access repository), and coordinating the Scholarly Communications Forum program.
The Scholarly Communications Committee meets once a month throughout the year. Agenda items may be sent to Katie Behrman, Research Showcase Outreach Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Denise Troll Covey, Scholarly Communications Librarian, email@example.com.
Members of the 2013-2014 Scholarly Communications Committee
- Katie Behrman – Research Showcase Outreach Coordinator
- Diane Covington – Chemistry and Biology Librarian
- Erika Linke – Associate Dean of University Libraries
- Gabrielle Michalek – Head, Archives and Digital Library Initiatives
- Afeworki Paulos – Head, Hunt Reference Department; liaison to Social and Decision Sciences Department, Heinz College and the Department of Statistics
- Denise Troll Covey, Chair – Scholarly Communications Librarian