Request Funding to Publish OA-Scholarly Communications - Carnegie Mellon University

Request Funding to Publish OA

Public access mandates require open access to publications and data arising from federal funding.  Many funding agencies allow grant funds to be used to pay open access publishing fees called Article Processing Charges (APCs). Researchers who want to publish open access but do not have such grants are at a disadvantage.  Carnegie Mellon University Libraries:

  • Provide financial support to pay APCs in high quality open access journals and selected hybrid journals.
  • Have site licenses and memberships that give CMU authors a discount on APCs.  
  • Will pay CMU authors' lifetime memberships in PeerJ.

For details about the University Libraries' support for open access publishing, see Financial Support for Open Access Publishing.

Open access is strategic for Carnegie Mellon. For authors, open access provides the broadest possible dissemination of their work, increasing citations and impact.  For readers, open access provides easy discovery and free access to articles in journals to which the University Libraries does not subscribe.