Open Access Button
- Track the impact of paywalls on access to research.
- Help users find open access copies of the research they need.
The Button is a browser bookmarklet that aggregates data contributed by users and presents it on a map to illustrate the challenges researchers face in accessing published papers.
- Sign up for an Open Access Button.
- Activate your Open Access Button. You can find instructions here: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, iPad, Internet Explorer.
- Use your Open Access Button to help show the impact of paywalls, find open access copies of the resources you need, increase awareness of the problem, and change scholarly publishing.