CMU Data Management Services
Under the leadership of Data Services Librarian Steve Van Tuyl and in collaboration with Computing Services, the Office of Sponsored Programs, and Office of Research Integrity and Compliance, the CMU Data Management Services Group has:
- Conducted a survey and identified pilot projects to help us understand the needs of CMU researchers and their requirements for data management services.
- Created a Data Management Services website of information and tools.
- Identified a suite of services to roll out over time. The initial service offering is consulting on Data Management Planning.
- Drafted a Resolution aimed at securing the university’s commitment to providing sustainable data management services. With minor revisions, the Research Data Management Resolution was approved by the Faculty Senate on January 14, 2014.
- Drafted a vision, mission, and governance structure for Data Management Services and assembled an Executive Committee to direct the development of services, procedures, and a university Policy on data management.