Open Access-Scholarly Communications - Carnegie Mellon University
- Andrew, Theo. October 2003. "Trends in Self-Posting of Research Material Online by Academic Staff". Ariadne 37.
- Antelman, Kristin. September 2004. “Do open-access articles have a greater research impact?”; College and Research Libraries: 372-382.
- Antelman, Kristin. 2006. “Self-archiving practice and the influence of publisher policies in the social sciences.”; Learned Publishing 19: 85-95.
- Carter, Howard; Snyder, Carolyn A.; and Imre, Andrea. 2007. “Library Faculty Publishing and Intellectual Property Issues: A Survey of Attitudes and Awareness.”; Portal: Libraries and the Academy 7 (1): 65-79. Available to subscribers only.
- Fry, Jenny and Talja, Sanna. 2004. “The Cultural Shaping of Scholarly Communication: Explaining E-Journal Use Within and Across Academic Fields.”; Presented at the American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIST) Annual Meeting, November 2004, Providence, RI.
- Hajjem, Chawki; Harnad, Stevan; and Gingras, Yves. 2005. “Ten-Year Cross-Disciplinary Comparison of the Growth of Open Access and How it Increases Research Citation Impact.”; Bulletin of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee of Data Engineering 28 (4): 39-47.
- Harnad, Stevan, Tim Brody, François Vallières, Les Carr, Steve Hitchcock, Yves Gingras, Charles Oppenheim, Heinrich Stamerjohanns, and Eberhard R. Hilf. 2004. “The access / impact problem and the green and gold roads to open access.”; Serial Review 30 (4): 310-314. Available to subscribers only.
- Harnad, Stevan. November 2006. “The Self-Archiving Impact Advantage: Quality Advantage or Quality Bias?”; .
- Harnad, Stevan. September 2005. “OA Impact Advantage = EA + (AA) + (QB) + QA + (CA) + UA.”.
- Kekale, Jouni. 2002. “Conceptions of Quality in Four Different Disciplines.”; Tertiary Education and Management 8 (1): 65-80. Available to subscribers.
- Kling, Rob and McKim, Geoffrey. December 2000. “Not Just a Matter of Time: Field Differences and the Shaping of Electronic Media in Supporting Scientific Communication.”; Journal of the American Society for Information Science 51 (14): 1306-1320. Pre-print available. Published version available to subscribers.
- Kurtz, Michael J. February 2004. “Restrictive Access Policies Cut Readership of Electronic Research Journal Articles by a Factor of Two.”; Presented at the National Policies on Open Access (OA) Provision for University Research Output: An International Meeting.
- Pinfield, Stephen. December 2001. “How Do Physicists Use an E-Print Archive?”; D-Lib Magazine 7 (12).
- Swan, Alma. May-June 2007. “Open Access and the Progress of Science.”; American Scientist 95: 198-200.
- Swan, Alma and Brown, Sheridan. May 2005. “Open access self-archiving: An author study.”; Key Perspectives Limited.
- Tonta, Ya şar; Ünal, Yurdag ül; and Al, Umut. June 2007. “The Research Impact of Open Access Journal Articles.”; Proceedings ELPUB 2007 Conference on Electronic Publishing, Vienna, Austria.
- University of California Office of Scholarly Communication and the California Digital Library eScholarship Program in association with Greenhouse Associates, Inc. August 2007. Faculty Attitudes and Behaviors Regarding Scholarly Communication: Survey Findings from the University of California.
- Xia, Jingfeng. December 2007. “Assessment of Self-archiving in Institutional Repositories: Across Disciplines.”; The Journal of Academic Librarianship 33 (6): 647-654. Available to subscribers.