Sponsoring a Practicum
Interested in becoming a practicum sponsor and engaging students to solve a problem? Key steps involve:
- Submit a clear and concise project description with realistic goals that can be met within the semester-long practicum session. Project descriptions should be submitted no later than August 12 for the fall semester and December 15 for the spring semester.
- If your project is selected, discuss with the faculty advisor to see if your project is feasible.
- Conscientiously work with the team to ensure success.
- Resolve any IP, confidentiality issues or restriction on presentation/paper details before the start of the practicum. This is normally done through a non-disclosure agreement (NDA).
- Provide any necessary software and hardware prior to the start of the practicum.
- Review all submitted deliverables and provide timely feedback.
- Identify a contact person in the company who will be able to:
- meet with the student team on a regular basis throughout the semester;
- respond promptly to student questions via email and telephone when necessary;
- provide feedback to the practicum faculty advisor for evaluation purposes, particularly at the end of the semester; and
- participate in the final student practicum presentations.
Still have questions about the Master’s Practicum?
Contact: Bruce H. Krogh, Director, CMU-Rwanda