What Is A Data Management Plan?
While the specifics of DMP requirements differ among agencies, DMPs should cover the following elements:
- The type(s) of data to be collected or created
- Methods and standards for describing the data with sufficient detail for the data to be used by others without need for additional documentation
- Access control and re-use policies and procedures
- Intellectual property
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Plans for making data available to other researchers beyond the end of the project