SPARCS Fun Facts-Sponsored Programs and Research Compliance System (SPARCS) - Carnegie Mellon University
SPARCS Fun Facts
- The Sponsored Programs and Research Compliance Systems (SPARCS) Instiutional Review Board (IRB) module went live Monday, July 27, 2015.
- 122 new protocols have been submitted.
- 70 protocols are being converted from the old paper process into SPARCS.
- The Sponsored Programs and Research Compliance System (SPARCS) Conflict of Interest (COI) module went live Tuesday, October 21, 2014.
- 1,081 Annual Certifications have been issued since deployment.
- 1,457 Research Certifications have been issued since deployment.
- 92% compliance rates for Annual and Research Certifications combined.
- The first request to disclose was generated by SPARCS on 10/21 at roughly 2:00pm.
- 342 requests to disclose were generated in the first 4 days. 83 disclosures were completed and submitted for review within this same time frame.
- The voice heard on the recorded training videos is Roger DeFurio, the SPARCS Training and Communication Specialist.