Effective July 15, 2013, an electronic system - SPARCS - is available for Public Health Service (PHS) Investigators to complete their Annual Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) disclosures. Other types of disclosures that are required to meet PHS requirements, such as travel disclosures, should be completed using the Word document forms available on the ORIC web site.
To log on to SPARCS FCOI, click here and sign in using your Andrew ID and password. If you wish to log on to a practice version of the site, see the "Training" section below.
To access SPARCS FCOI from off campus, you will need to connect to CMU's Library Resources VPN first. Instructions for the Library Resources VPN can be found here.
To log on to a training version of SPARCS FCOI, click here and sign in using your Andrew ID and password. You may use the training version to practice creating a disclosure or working with financial entities. Data in the training version will be periodically deleted. If you are off campus, you will need to connect to CMU's Library Resources VPN first. Instructions for the Library Resources VPN can be found here.
Upon request ORIC staff will come to departments or research groups to hold training sessions. We are also available to provide individual coaching in person or by phone or email. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-268-3485 to schedule a training.
Training sessions are for:
- Researchers who need to file FCOI disclosures;
- Department administrators who want to check on the status of disclosures.
Training sessions include:
- Introduction to SPARCS FCOI;
- How to input financial information;
- How to create and update disclosures;
- How to look-up disclosures;
- For Department Administrators - how to check the status of disclosures in your department.
- If desired, time to create practice or real disclosures. If you intend to complete your disclosure at the training session, please bring the necessary financial information to do so.
The Quick Start Guides below include step by step guides, with screenshots, to completing all major activities in SPARCS FCOI. For more general information about FCOI, including details about what types of financial interests must be disclosed, please refer to the COI website, particularly the CMU FCOI Guidelines.