Online Export Control Training is available through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (http://www.citiprogram.org).
- Current CITI Users
- log-in as usual;
- from the Main Menu screen select "Add a course or update your learner groups for Carnegie Mellon University";
- select the Export Controls course (at the bottom of the page); and
- take the course at your convenience.
- New CITI Users
- select the New Users "Register Here" link on the CITI homepage
- complete the required registration fields, making sure to select Carnegie Mellon University from the drop-down list of "Participating Institutions" in section #1;
- the system will take you through several screens including one where you can select which courses to take;
- select the Export Controls course (bottom of the page on the course enrollment screen);
- once you complete your enrollment you will automatically be taken to the Main Menu screen; and
- you can then begin taking the course or log-out and take the course at your convenience.
Note: Export training is required for all participants on a TCP including the PI. This requirement may be met through completing the online training above or arranging individual or group training with the Export Compliance Officer.
In-person training is available periodically or upon request. Contact the Export Compliance Office at email@example.com for more information or to schedule a training session.