Tuesday, November 12, 2013
QoLT Center to Demo Innovations for Older Adults at Louisville Innovation Summit
Louisville Innovation Summit - November 12-13Kentucky Center for the Arts, Louisville, KY
The QoLT Center will demo five of its eldertech innovations to industry leaders who won't be asking what the future of aging care looks like; they'll be determining it.
The Louisville Innovation Summit aims to assemble a remarkable group of CEOs, aging-care industry leaders, and innovators across a wide range of fields to explore new ways to revolutionize the aging-care industry. The event focuses on big ideas and breakthrough technologies that have the potential to redefine how we all grow old.
In addition to a program loaded with industry heavyweights and cross-discipline mash-ups, attendees will get hands-on time with inventions coming out of places like the QoLT Center at Carnegie Mellon Unviersity and the University of Pittsburgh, as well as MIT and Stanford --devices and systems that will help us take care of ourselves longer and help caregivers do their jobs better.
QoLT Center technologies featured in the Louisville Innovation Summit's "Entrepreneur's Garage" will include:
- Romibo - a DIY social robot therapy kit featuring intergenerational community builiding elements
- Stroke Therapy Coach - an integrated virtual-reality based therapeutic and rehabilitation training system
- SPARK - an interactive visualization tool for self-monitoring activity levels
- WorldKit - a system enabling ad hoc, custom design of touch-sensitive or gesture-driven interfaces on any surface; and
- Health Kiosk - an adaptive, multi-sensor telehealth system to monitor physical, physiological, cognitive and behavioral status
The Louisville Innovation Summit brings together executives, entrepreneurs, and service providers from the aging-care sector to interact with roboticists, academics, and designers to explore new ideas for transforming our industry. QoLT Executive Director, Jim Osborn, will be a guest panelist during the event's Opportunities for Innovation session.
Visit the Louisville Innovation Summit website for full event details.