Wednesday, October 30, 2013
QoLT Summit 2013
October 30 - 31 - Carnegie Mellon UniversityPLEASE NOTE NEW LOCATION:
CMU University Center, Rangos I & II (2nd floor)
Agenda | Accommodations | REGISTER
As one of the nation's leading R&D organizations dedicated to creating intelligent systems for the sake of people, the Quality of Life Technology Center is shaping the future of products and enabling technologies that improve quality of life. At the same time we are continually striving to be relevant and responsive to industry and practitioner concerns.
This exciting and informative 1 1/2 days will provide a complete picture of the QoLT Center's programs in basic and applied research, industry and practitioner collaboration, technology transfer, education and outreach. The Summit will feature presentations, posters, technology demonstrations, discussions about our current and future directions, and most importantly opportunities for dialog with each other. The QoLT Summit is the forum in which we chart together the Center's course for the next year and beyond.
- Day One is informational and focuses on recent QoLT research highlights, adoption and commercialization insights, and collaboration opportunities. Activities include research talks by faculty; group discussions on special topics; student elevator pitches; demonstrations; and a dinner and reception for our special guests including advisory boards, current and prospective industry/practitioner members.
- Day Two is exploratory and interactive with emphasis on assessment and future planning. Activities include program presentations; discussions on the QoLT Center's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT).
Who Should Attend:
The QoLT Center is pleased to welcome industry representatives and healthcare practitioners at the 2013 QoLT Summit. If you are interested in learning more about the emerging QoLT field, please join us as:
- Product developers
- Aging services providers
- Clinicians in healthcare and research
- Aging in place technology advocates and researchers
- Home healthcare agencies
How Attendees Benefit:
- Gain broad and in-depth understanding of the QoLT Center's current research and programs
- Access critical insights emerging from recent QoLT research
- Get to know the QoLT Center's world-class researchers and students
- Help shape the QoLT Center's future directions
- Share experiences, lessons learned and best practices
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN:
To attend, please be sure to register online today! Registration closes on Friday, October 25.